Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rally 2/28 @ Jim DeMint's Office, 4-7PM

I'm thrilled and excited to say that I'm a key member in organizing a rally in front of Jim DeMint's office on Monday. It should last three hours, and the time is set so that, ideally, the workers will be forced to walk through our protest against cuts for Planned Parenthood. We have fliers, and even though we're not directly affiliated with Planned Parenthood, the Columbia branch has been indispensable in helping us get this together. I have several friends working on this with me. It all started when I e-mailed a few of them with a certain blog post at BlogHer and said “What are we gonna do?” The rest is history in the making.

I'm really excited. If anyone reading this blog (currently few of you, but the support is appreciated) has any input and advice that you suspect hasn't been mentioned to us, I implore you, do tell! Help is always appreciated: Leave a comment or e-mail me at forreal.respect@gmail.com. Also, if you want a copy of the flyer to print and/or distribute, I'd be happy to send it to you.


If you live in or around the Columbia area and can attend (or even if not), there is a Facebook page for this event that you should definitely visit. If you're like me and aren't on the Social Network Site To End All Sites, the event will be at 1901 Main St., Columbia SC, 29225. It's very close to the Statehouse, just down the road, and if you can't make an appearance at the rally, write DeMint some angry letters. See you there  – we'll be the angry group with signs and t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment